Thursday, January 13, 2011

Enterovirus!!!

I never thought I’d be happy to say this but I am thrilled to say that Will has/had the enterovirus! I’ve never prayed for one of my children to have a virus. Will’s lab results came back positive for the enterovirus. He was negative for the more serious viruses that can cause meningitis. His body has already or nearly kicked the enterovirus, so this is a good step in the right direction. We are still waiting for some lab results that will help us rule our any bacterial infection. Lord willing, we’ll be off antibiotics tomorrow.

Our final benchmark is Will’s feeding. He nursed twice today, but he still needs to get stronger. He will feed by mouth 3 times a day until he is able to increase. Once he is able to nurse well on his own then we should be able to bring Will home. I can’t tell you how much we are looking forward to that.

My sister has come over from Tampa to stay with the kids while Kim and I go to the hospital during the day. She also bought us meat. But not just meat, steaks. And not just steaks, but steaks in bulk from Costco. But wait, there’s more! (Sounds like Billy Rubin) We also got bacon. So what do you do with steaks and bacon? You take bacon and wrap it around the steak. That’s right, meat wrapped around meat! Can it get better than this? Maybe only if you could inject meat into the meat and then wrap it with meat…but now I’m just talking nonsense.

Thanks for praying for our family. We’re so thankful for all the Lord has done. We have been blessed with three great kids. We’re looking forward to when all five of us are home.

No comments: