Friday, December 5, 2008

Pray for Reform in The Russian Orthodox Church

Alexy II, the Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church died today. I have spent quite a bit of time in Russia over the years. While I can't say that I "have a heart for Russia," it has been the focus of nearly all my overseas ministry. In my experience I have found Russians to be very spiritual, but very skeptical of the Gospel. Their spirituality stems from 1100 years of Christian influence from the Orthodox Church. Their skepticism of the Gospel is not helped by the bad doctrine of the Orthodox Church. I believe that a Reformation in the Russian Orthodox Church will be key to that great land being reached with the Truth of Jesus Christ. Please pray with me for the Russian Orthodox Church. Pray that a new Patriarch who will turn the church to faith in Christ alone will be installed.

No comments: